Video of stb-tester presentation at GStreamer conference 2013
12 Dec 2013. By William Manley.
stb-tester maintainer and original author David Röthlisberger gave a presentation on stb-tester at the GStreamer conference in Edinburgh in October. It includes:
- An overview of stb-tester
- An example of an stb-tester script
- A demo of a web-ui for running scripts with stb-tester
- A demo of the html triage interface.
- An example of a test library modelling a menu which can be reused to make tests easier to write, more robust and lower maintainance.
- An example of modelling a UI as a state machine to allow exhaustive testing of UIs.
- Discussion of how stb-tester fits into the software development lifecycle.
- How GStreamer is used by stb-tester and the advantages it provides.
- How to use stb-tester to test UIs running in virtual machines.
See the video on UbiCast’s website.