Videos & Tutorials¶
Introductory / marketing videos:
- Introduction to the stb-tester ONE. Physical setup of the HDMI & infrared connections; using the web interface for manual control and running automated testcases; demonstration of an example testcase against a Roku set-top box; using the interactive results interface.
- Example test scripts. In this short video we demonstrate three test scripts that know how to navigate a menu, a grid of players, and an on-screen keyboard. This demonstrates how you can use stb-tester’s Python API to build complex behaviours into your test scripts, in a clear and maintainable way.
Tutorials for test developers:
- Creating new Page Objects. In this tutorial we use stbt.FrameObject to extract information from the screen.
- Navigating a menu. In this tutorial we use the Frame Object we created in the previous tutorial, to create a function that knows how to navigate the main menu. This demonstrates how you can use stb-tester’s Python API to build complex behaviours into your test scripts, in a maintainable way.
- Performance testing: Channel change time. Measuring channel change time on a set-top box, then using Jupyter notebook and stb-tester’s REST API to explore the results interactively and generate a histogram of the measurements.
Tutorials for test-farm configuration:
- Creating a custom remote control image. How to create a custom remote control image for the “Manual control” tab of the Stb-tester portal, using Inkscape.