Announcing Stb-tester integration with GitHub Enterprise
06 Feb 2020.
Stb-tester now provides tight integration with your organisation’s own GitHub Enterprise instance.
If you use GitHub Enterprise, the Stb-tester Portal can integrate with a test-pack (git repository of test scripts) hosted on your GitHub Enterprise instance to provide the following features (also available for private git repositories hosted on github.com):
- Transparently sync code from GitHub Enterprise to the Stb-tester Portal and to the Stb-tester Nodes that execute the tests.
- Transparently sync code from your IDE during test development.
- Record the exact version of the test scripts that were used in each test-run.
- Run tests from any git branch.
- Interactive test-development tools on the Stb-tester Portal, such as the Object Repository.
Furthermore, using GitHub Enterprise allows you to log into the Stb-tester Portal using your organisation’s existing Single Sign-On mechanism — any users that are authorised to access the test-pack git repository, will automatically be authorised to access the Stb-tester Portal. You don’t need to manually manage a separate set of user accounts or permissions.